
I saw a project on a blog recently that I REALLY want to do.... The finished project is an earring/jewlery holder for your wall. I just got one of my ears repierced after a few years of it being closed up. I know, I know... sound like Im 12 getting my ears pierced! ha ha! And am exciting about earrings again! But I am! :D I recently bought a bunch and then it hit me... I so need a place to keep them so I dont lose them and dont want them bunched up someplace getting knicked. So the blog said they just went to Goodwill and got a frame and started there.... so Today I had a bunch of stuff to drop off at the Goodwill and thought you know its been FOREVER since I have been in one. I dont mind thrift stores ... really I dont but I HATE thrifts stores that dont size their clothes! There is one around here that you can go right to your size! I do NOT enjoy looking through 12 racks of shirts to finally find my size and it looks like 70's moo moo! ha ha! Okay... enought about that.... But I found this VERY sturdy frame... in pretty good shape.. for 1.99 but when I got to the counter... I had the 50% off color! So I got it for .99 cents! WHOOOOT!

This is what it looks like with the backing taking off and the mirror removed and it all cleaned up! Im super excited about how it will look... need to get a few more supplies and find ribbon in the color matching my bedroom... But below is the link of what inspired me from this blog....
Earring Holder from Life.Love.LarsonCant wait to finish it!! (and dont think Im gonna have mine look THAT distressed...I might just keep mine the way it is cuz it is in great shape! Maybe a tiny bit of distressing ... maybe. =)

What a fantastic idea- I have 2 jewelry boxes and still not enough room- I have tons of costume jewelry- I want to do that this winter- thanks for posting this and can't wait to see your finished project.
ReplyDelete