CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Shallot

Well, its almost 1am... and Im WIDE awake so you get a post about onions! ha ha ha! But just wanted to share! =) I started a few months ago cooking out of the Cooking Light Magazines and Cook books. And Believe me I know that when people say Light cooking... I think BLAAAAAHHHH! ha ha! But this food is amazing! Sooo flavorful I cant even get over it! The magazine is pretty reasonable but you can even go online and they have a TON of recipes on their site and their current magazine is on their site too and you can access all the recipes and print them off or whatever you want! =) I have tried soooo many and 99% of them we have loved!

So one of the things they use quite a bit is Shallots. When I first started cooking this way the grocery shopping took forever because I had to FIND all this stuff in the aisles! ha ha! Well shallots... OH MY WORD... they stumped me! ha ha! I looked and looked and looked! Then one day when I wasnt looking for them I found them! LOL! Always the way! But they are a small onion that are sooo flavorful! And I just love using them now. Its funny alot of times now if I see a recipe that calls for them.. Im all Oooooh im tryin it!

Used them tonight in some Southwest Salsa Burgers... YUM!!

Anyways... if you havent tried them AND you like onions... then go get some! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment