

So last night we went out to do a little yard work. And Ethan pointed out to me that my flowering tree that I love had its first bloom!! I was so excited! When we first bought our home it had big huge pine trees in front of the house. You could barely see the house in the front at all. So over time and with a lot of hard work... we chopped down those trees and pulled up the stumps ourselves! We have replanted some shrubs and on the corner of our house we planted this miniature flowering tree. I love it! Jason and I arent pros at landscaping or picking out what we think we want in our minds. But this one thing turned out GREAT! I love my flowering tree! It has a TON of buds on it.. so Im hoping they will all be out soon. It will flower all season!
Speaking of not always picking out the right foliage ... we bought some small shrubs to put in front of the house three or four years ago. We didnt want anything that was high maintenance with our busy schedules. So we found some that said slow growing. We thought... ahhh perfect! ha ha! Yeah, they arent kidding when they say slow growing! I think they are pretty much the same size as when we bought them that long ago! ha ha! Im thinking this year we are gonna dig them up and then plant something else there!
But it sure is a fun process learning about it all together and working on our home together! Just wanted to share about the first bloom on my tree! =)

Hey Mis,
ReplyDeleteHow fun! It's so pretty. Be sure to get more pics for us when the other buds open!
Have a great day!
I sure will... I went out this morning and there are two more fully opened and a TON that are starting to open!
ReplyDeleteYou too! Praying for you!