CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Do you ever wonder......

..... about some parents sometimes? Im not a perfect parent! But trying to keep my kids safe is pretty high on my list! Yes, my goal is to train them into independent capable adults so you cant smother them but somethings just seem like a given.

For instance... If you are a person that takes your kid to the community pool and they cant swim .. you dont lay on your lawn chair and close your eyes and sun yourself. Ill NEVER get over that one! Even when your kid can swim... dont they think about other bigger kids who are playing around and rough housing that arent paying any attention for your smaller kid???

Another thing. Even if you live in a small town (however safe you might deem it) do you seriously let your kid roam all over the neighborhood by themselves even before a legal age of being able to stay home by themselves? I dont get this... dont they even worry about their kids being taken? hurt? OMW! Okay so here is what this rant is about... We have these two girls in our neighborhood and every once in a while I look out and they are in my private backyard playing on our play set. No asking.. just playing on there and with whatever toys that happen to be back there. This floors me! And these girls have been asked ALOT not to play on it because if they get hurt then we are responsible! But yet even today I had to go outside and tell them to leave... So back to the where are their parents???? There was enough time for me to open my back door and have a conversation with them that their parents had no clue about! Which consisted of me saying... You need to get off my play set and DONT come back and play on it. You both have been asked a number of times to stay off it. But still I could of said anything to them... Do parents really not care what things are going in their kids ears???

It just floors me how little some parents care about what is going on with their kid. Recently I heard of this seven year old boy that talks and talks about suicide .. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? Seven, SEVEN, SEVEN????? That is WAAAAY to young to know about that kind of thing. Ethan would be totally clueless what that word means! I have been told it is a "popular" thing these days for kids to know about... Ummm NO! I dont care if it is "popular"or not.. Your SEVEN year old shouldnt know about it and talk about it ALOT!

Okay ... Im feeling better! ha ha! Dont you just love a good vent! I need a smiley that has steam coming out of its ears! ha ha! So you know that Im annoyed but still Im a nice person! ha ha!

I guess a good way to end this post is.... Some things just NEVER cease to amaze me! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment